Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Batman



In the past, I've never really enjoyed drawing Batman. Prior to this year, I can count the amount of Batman doodles I've drawn in my life on one hand. Even at conventions, when I get a request for Batman, I try to ask them to pick something else. Lately however, I've started to enjoy trying to do my take on the guy. So here's a quick Batman painting I completed about a week ago. Like all of my recent work, it was painted in gouache and ink on a 12" x 17" piece of board.

7 comments:

Simon said...

I'm a reader not a poster, but I thought I'd stop lurking and say you nailed Batman :) Nice one.

Brian Taylor Illustration said...

Yeah, looks great!

MilkManX said...

That is a great Batman. Some people get carried away with him but you nailed it.

Arkonbey said...

Hmm. I don't think I've EVER drawn Batman.

In this piece I love how the shadow of his leg on his torso is black on the costume, but blue on his utility belt. Really gives a sense of differing colors/values of the costume bits.

Jason Chalker said...

I'm glad you're working through your diefledermausaphobia. :)

Great piece. Batman is one of those that can be really hard to get just right. You did it.

Barry said...

Awesome Batman illo! I really dig your two-tone style. I can't wait to see more.

Michael Cho said...

Thanks, folks. I'm glad you liked my Batman -- I might do a few more in the future.