Thursday, October 23, 2008

I'm Voting for...


My wife and I came up with this bumper sticker idea, combining our two ideal candidates for the upcoming US elections.  It's just a bit of fun, really, but I get a real kick out of imagining what a Conan/Swamp Thing administration would be like.  I figure national security wouldn't be a problem (who'd wanna mess with an axe wielding barbarian?) and environmental issues would definitely take center stage.  Hell, even the current financial mess in the US would probably benefit -- you could imagine President Conan meeting with Wall Street heads and scowling, "Crom!  You're all thieves!  You should all be strung up by your fat necks!".


If you like these candidates, I suggest you download the image and print it up on your own sticker paper to paste on a car nearest you. It beats supporting the Nader/Thulsa Doom ticket!


Special thanks to my wife, Claudia, for her great type treatment on this one.  

Now in all seriousness, I won't insult your intelligence by asking you not to write these fictional characters in on your ballot.  I will suggest though, that if you don't want another 4 years of divisive politics, pointless wars or hateful muslim-bating and fear mongering --  then go out and vote for Obama/Biden on November 4th.   

18 comments:

Doc Shaner said...

That's fantastic Mike, what a good idea. Love the drawings too, Swamp Thing is great.

I was just telling my wife yesterday I feel more like voting for fictional characters, and here you've supplied me with an example.

Bobby Nash said...

They get my vote.

Bobby

Frank Cammuso said...

Did you know Conan "the barbarian" pals around with pirates and cut throats?

Did you also know that Conan thinks it's OK to "Plunder and Pillage".

Tell Conan it's time for him and his friends to go back to the Hyborian Age.

Conan,
Bad for Cimmerian,
Bad for America.

Paid for by the friends of Tarzan

Michael Cho said...

I didn't know Tarzan had the warchest to fund robocalls. Tarzan/Jane also looks a bit too much like McCain/Palin for my tastes.

Now, Tarzan/Cheetah -- well, that's a whole different story!

Ah hell, what does it matter -- I'm a Canadian and can't even vote in November.

Edward Liu said...

I think you've got the wrong interpretation of "running mate" there. Tarzan's running mate for the election is Doc Savage. Scuttlebutt is that the Phantom is REALLY pissed about that, but if he is, I have to admit that he's being a real class act about it.

I can live with either ticket, really, but I'm waiting for Dick Tracy's endorsement before I make my final decision.

=8^)

Parker said...

That's a good ticket. Should President Conan be slain in battle, I would be completely fine with his running mate being sworn into office.

Crom endorses this message

Tara said...

For me, it would have to be Tarzan/Man-Thing all the way. Unless it was a Mandrake/The Heap ticket.

Tho we all know Kent Allard/Margo Lane would steal the election, if they could. They know what evil lurks in the Heartland, after all.

Rich said...

That is a ticket I can get behind.

Mark said...

Conan would be an ideal choice. He has experiance, "King Conan" anyone. He has that no nonsense barbarian sensibility. What's not to like?

On the other hand look how much travel expense and security expense we could save with Swampthing. He can go almost anywhere.

Count me in, Conan/Swampthing in 08!!!

SRBissette said...

Hello, ol' SWAMP THING cartoonist Steve Bissette here -- Mike, can I post a link to this, and your sticker, on my blog (www.srbissette.com)? Let me know -- I'm at msbissette@yahoo.com, and thanks!

Great sticker, cool blog, fun reading and eye-candy all around --

Gerry said...

if only !

Anonymous said...

Since Conan was not a natural born citizen of the USA, he can't be elected president. Guess he will have to take it by force.

Anonymous said...

Yes, too bad about Mandrake or Margo Lane, but Swamp Thing will STILL capture the magic base while solidifying the base with the green party.

Jason Chalker said...

Wow! I'm gone for a week and you go on a posting spree! It' like Christmas or something. Awesome stuff. I wish we had as great a ticket to vote for as Conan/Swamp Thing. *sigh*

Tim Baron said...

This is the coolest thing I've seen during the entire election. Love it.

Michael Cho said...

Thanks for indulging me in a bit of humour, folks. I appreciate it...now please go out and vote for Obama/Biden in 08!

I know I would, if I lived in the USA.

Anonymous said...

If you change the date to say '12 and post it on a site where it could be purchased, then I will buy more than one!
-Patrick D.

BZero said...

Damn. Conan/Swamp Thing didn't win. GObama!